Monday, January 6, 2014

Getting our Feet Wet

The first day here was indescribable and has the first day it was a learning day. Waking up to the beautiful sound of the crashing was a first for me and I saw how big it was and it I remembered the verse that said that I have thrown your sins at the bottom of the oceans never to be remembered again. Then throughout the day God began to open my heart to another verse saying that if your heart is not that of a child then you shall not enter into the kingdom of God. We began a long day early something that I'm not used too which began early. As we drove around I could see the reality of what El Salvador was. I saw the people working hard in the streets early in the morning making a living off of that. The orphanage experience opened my heart to what is it to give to the children which is a Christ based ministry. Sharing food and gifts with them was amazing but the best thing was the gift they gave me, love. And not that high five we cool kinda love, but that love as in I care for you and I want to be with you. The children were amazing but the teenagers were the ones I connected with the most. But there is already enough being said. God is doing and will continue to do GREATER things. -Esther Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment