Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home bound


Wow!! It was truly amazing to see and taste the real world of El Salvador. It is nothing like I imagined, nothing like here in the U.S and really one of those places that everyone should visit. We hear our whole lives that we are so lucky to have all the luxuries that we have here in the U.S. but to actually witness it front and center makes it total different. It really makes you stop and think about all the blessings God gives us that we use so frequently, it just becomes so naturally. Coming back home, I gaze back on the faces from El Salvador...they're are all smiling and grateful for every little thing they have. The scraps for a roof, the dirt for a floor, these things we have just seem normal to us. I went there to serve our brothers and sisters of Christ, instead they served me. God spoke to me in so many ways, when I was a bit hesitant or uncomfortable, it was a perfect opportunity for me to put complete trust in God. The Holy Spirt sure was there in the church and with us always. With that being said, I can not wait to return again next year. This trip changed the way I view things, and taught me so so much. I thank each and every one of you who helped team up with us to make a difference. Your prayers and support were greatly appreciated!

Much love,
Kati

1 comment:

  1. Kati: Thanks for posting pics for everyone to see...a great cross section of our experience. I love your entry post trip. You say it in such a heartwarming honest way. I pray God will plant many seeds by these words so that we can all get out of our comfort zone and serve! Love ya!
    Tia Andrea

    ReplyDelete